Releases: Avoision v0.5 Released
Avoision v0.5 (a simple arcade-style game) is now available for Windows and Linux!
With this release, Avoision is feature-complete, including:
- Arcade-style graphics and gameplay
- Music (by Lada Laika) and sound effects
- High scores list
- Customizable controls (with joystick and mouse support)
Here is a short gameplay video of Avoision v0.5:
In case you haven't played it before, Avoision is a very simple game; there's no story, no campaigns, no learning curve--just frantic, high-speed gameplay. The rules of the game are as follows:
- Move the green block around with the arrow keys
- Capture the red block before the timer runs out to score points
- Avoid all the white blocks that appear as you progress through the game
- Try to get the highest score
Of course, just because Avoision is now in beta doesn't mean that new features won't be added. If there's anything you'd like to see in subsequent version, go ahead and add a new feature request.
Finally, if Avoision doesn't install or work correctly for you, please create a support request so that the problem can be identified and fixed.
Update: If you are building from source on Linux and getting build errors related to "Avoision.rc" and "Avoision.ico", please re-download avoision-0.5.tar.gz (it now contains a fix for this obvious bug).
- Download Avoision v0.5 Installer for Windows
- Download Avoision v0.5 for Other Platforms
- Permanent Link
- Topic: Releases
- Previous Article: Avoision v0.4 Released
- Next Article: Avoision v0.6 Released